Firefox fonts

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Oct 8 02:46:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:

> You have a setting under Fonts in Gnome preferences, right?
> If you change that setting, let's say picking Chancery font instead of
> Sans font, what happens?
> Do you see that change in Firefox?  Or Firefox is still using its own
> fonts settings?

I see changes in FIrefox's toolbar and such.
No change in the actual web page.
The latter is what I would expect.

In case i wasn't clear before:
Firefox is set to let a web page choose its fonts.
Sometimes Firefox does not have the requested font.
The relationship between the requested font,
the available fonts and the font chosen is not trivial.
I'm not sure whether I have discovered it.
Inspect Element gives me the requested font.
I'm trying to find the chosen font.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods