mount shows mounted partition as /dev/mapper/HGST_HTS721010A9E630_JR10006P0BSEEF3

Junk junk at therobinsonfamily.net
Thu Oct 9 00:00:11 UTC 2014

On 8 October 2014 04:37:19 GMT+01:00, jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 10/07/2014 09:11 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> lvm pvdisplay
>> lvm vgdisplay
>> lvm lvdisplay
># lvm pvdisplay
># lvm pvdisplay -v
>     Scanning for physical volume names
># lvm pvdisplay -vvv
>       Setting activation/monitoring to 1
>         Processing: pvdisplay -vvv
>         O_DIRECT will be used
>       Setting global/locking_type to 1
>       Setting global/wait_for_locks to 1
>       File-based locking selected.
>       Setting global/locking_dir to /run/lock/lvm
>       Setting global/prioritise_write_locks to 1
>     Scanning for physical volume names
>         Asking lvmetad for complete list of known PVs
>       Setting response to OK
>       Setting response to OK
>         Completed: pvdisplay -vvv
># lvm vgdisplay
>   No volume groups found
># lvm lvdisplay
>   No volume groups found
>
>--

Well if it's not lvm that leaves raid, luks encrypted partitions, docker or using an ssd as a cache for a magnetic disk. dm-raid, dm-crypt, dm-mapper and dm-cache.

Having said that, I'd expect lsblk to show a bit more and you've proved the UUID matches the raw partition. Do you have a link to the blog you mentioned earlier?
--
Junk