outrageously newbie question about playing with GPS on fedora

John Mellor john.mellor at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 12:58:20 UTC 2014

There is no other expense, unless you want to get into tying in your
location to map data from a non-free source.  I use an older Holux
puck-type receiver, similar to your first selection.  Since my upstream is
somewhat flakey due to the variable latency problems introduced by my
incompetent last-mile provider, I provide my own NTP stratum-0 reference
clock from the NMEA stream.