sony-ericsson p910i

Walter Cazzola cazzola at di.unimi.it
Sun Oct 12 14:11:44 UTC 2014

Dear Experts,
since I'm moving to a new phone my old sony-ericsson p910i is going to
retire but before that I'd like to get all the SMS, phots and phone
numbers I've stored on it and that I can't move to the SIM (too small).

It connects to my laptop through a craddle and a usb cable and lsusb
gives the following:

Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0403:fc82 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd SEMC DSS-20/DSS-25 SyncStation
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               1.10
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0         8
   idVendor           0x0403 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
   idProduct          0xfc82 SEMC DSS-20/DSS-25 SyncStation
   bcdDevice            4.00
   iManufacturer           1 Sony Ericsson
   iProduct                2 SEMC DSS SyncStation
   iSerial                 3 LU1025V8
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           32
     bNumInterfaces          1
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0x80
       (Bus Powered)
     MaxPower               40mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
       bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
       iInterface              2 SEMC DSS SyncStation
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
         bInterval               0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
         bInterval               0
Device Status:     0x0000
   (Bus Powered)

But the KDE "device notifiers" (I don't know the application name) don't
recognize its presence not mount it automatically.

Googling around seems that the tool to connect to a smartphone (also old
generation as mine) is gnokii but seems that it needs to be configured
before detecting the phone and I'm not able to do that. Google doesn't
help either: I didn't find any configuration for gnokii supporting my
phone.

So, some of you can help me?

Best
Walter