F20: message from syslogd and soft lockup/kernel bug

Gary Artim gartim at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 03:57:15 UTC 2014

memtest is a util that was, in the past, included on the boot screen.
I think its been dropped but can be yum installed. check for it with

yum search memtest

it will test your memory out for any faulty locations by move data
patters in and out of all mem locations...

another possibility, but a painful one, is your thermal grease has
burned off the cpu. if it does overheating can occur. cracking open
laptops is no fun, but doable, maybe look for a youtube on doing it
for your machine.