problem with Dependency Resolution

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 18:34:57 UTC 2014

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:49:12 +0300, Angelo Moreschini wrote:

> I didn't force the installation of the old dconf-Edit .. , the installation
> was pretty smooth..

The problem is that nobody on this list does _know_ what exactly you've
done since you only mentioned troubles installing the _old_ dconf-editor
version you had downloaded somewhere. ;-)

> I uninstalled the old version using the command remove...

If that was possible, nothing required it, and that makes it one way
to replace packages. Note that there are other ways to downgrade packages
using "yum" or "rpm".

> here what you wont know ....
> -----------------
> [angelo_dev at zorro ~]$ rpm -qa dconf\*
> dconf-0.18.0-2.fc20.x86_64

That's the original one from Fedora 20.
And dconf-editor is not installed [anymore].

> [angelo_dev at zorro ~]$ sudo yum update
> [sudo] password for angelo_dev:
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
> No packages marked for update

Where is the error you've mentioned in the previous mail?

> I send you, in attachment, the result of command distro-sync

No error in there either. A successful update of several packages, and a
_downgrade_ of nmap, which you had upgraded to something not included with
Fedora 20 and not in any enabled repositories.