Latest updates for mate no longer remember what gui apps were running in previous login.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 15 02:16:25 UTC 2014

jd1008 wrote:
>> Mate is not restarting the apps that were running in previous login.
>> Apps like thunderbird, firefox, smplayer, skype, .... etc.
>>
>> Looking to see if someone found a solution for this.

> Found a solution.
>
> In terminal, run:
>
> /bin/mate-session-properties
>
> in windows, select options tab and
> checkmark  "Automatically remember running applications when logging out"

In "windows"?  Wash your mouth out!

I don't use the feature, but I don't have to resort to discovering the
command line for it.  I'm using mate, and it's in the system menu
(preferences - personal - startup applications).

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.16.4-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Oct 6 13:22:51 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.