Latest updates for mate no longer remember what gui apps were running in previous login.

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 02:22:49 UTC 2014

On 10/14/2014 08:16 PM, Tim wrote:
> jd1008 wrote:
>>> Mate is not restarting the apps that were running in previous login.
>>> Apps like thunderbird, firefox, smplayer, skype, .... etc.
>>>
>>> Looking to see if someone found a solution for this.
>> Found a solution.
>>
>> In terminal, run:
>>
>> /bin/mate-session-properties
>>
>> in windows, select options tab and
>> checkmark  "Automatically remember running applications when logging out"
> In "windows"?  Wash your mouth out!
>
> I don't use the feature, but I don't have to resort to discovering the
> command line for it.  I'm using mate, and it's in the system menu
> (preferences - personal - startup applications).

Har!!
I meant to say "In the windows that pops up" :) :)

Speaking of windows, which so many of my firnds and acquaintances use,
I find myself always in demand to properly disinfect them so they can get
back to doing whatever it is they do with it.
They have refused to switch to any version of linux because somehow they
find it difficult to learn new tricks (i.e. keystrokes, and mouse clicks) :)