increasing inode count

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Oct 16 13:35:13 UTC 2014

On Oct 14, 2014, at 7:07 PM, bruce <badouglas at gmail.com> wrote:

> hey cameron...
>
> ok.. that gets me a drive - formatted / with partition, so when the
> install process asks if i want to install or reformat.. is there an
> option to allow me to simply install on the already
> formatted/partitioned drive?? even though it won't have a previous os
> on it??

No, for root fs, anaconda requires that it create a new filesystem, i.e. mkfs. The exception is on Btrfs, where the requirement is a new subvolume (which is a new fs tree and has its own inodes).

For rootfs I don't understand your use case, though, for which defaults are adequate. For your small file optimized volume, it should be separately created and mounted at /home or /opt or /mail or whatever.

Chris Murphy