Alternative for acroread (Adobe Reader) in LINUX?

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Fri Oct 17 13:55:34 UTC 2014

On 10/17/2014 03:15 PM, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:
> Use  "pdf import"  tool.  It's a Libreoffice addon.  That tool allows
> you to open your pdfs, edit them and save them as odg or export  them
> as pdf again.
> Another useful  tool is Okular, which is a stand alone for pdf.
>

> Hope it helps,
> Sylvia

Hi Silvia,

I tried the tools you mentioned here at least 1 year ago:

1. As you already said, the Libreoffice pdf import opens an odg dok,
   but it does not import correctly ===> use evince!
2. By using okular, even form fields cannot be filled out, so it's
   better to use evince too :-) (at least for filling out ther fields)

Kind regards

--

Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)
Kernel-3.17.1-300.fc21.x86_64