pnmixer error message: Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_root_coords: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Oct 18 04:13:59 UTC 2014

On 10/18/14 11:41, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> Btw, I put my output of dmesg, lspci -v and lsmod:
>
> $ dmesg | fpaste
> Uploading (94.3KiB)...
> http://ur1.ca/ieix9 -> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/143066/36035301
>
> $ lspci -v | fpaste
> Uploading (8.6KiB)...
> http://ur1.ca/ieixj -> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/143068/14136036
>
> $ lsmod | fpaste
> Uploading (5.3KiB)...
> http://ur1.ca/ieixk -> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/143069/13603665
>
> in case someone has some idea as to what is going on with this machine, and what the fix could possibly be.

I notice you've 2 Audio devices.

00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)
and
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)

Is it possible to disable them separately in the BIOS to see if that makes any difference?