Requesting ethernet address for wired connection

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Oct 20 13:49:13 UTC 2014

On 10/20/14 21:24, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
>> Odd. I don't see this problem on my systems. I run both NAT interfaces as well as Bridged....mostly Bridged. I am, however, using the VBox supplied by Oracle and not the one from the Fedora repositories.
> Thanks again, Ed. I am also running the VBox supplied by Oracle. Maybe
> deleting all VBox settings would do the trick, but I do not know to do
> that, in case that is possible.

I don't know what settings one would go about deleting.

I am normally a curious person but I must admit that I've not looked into the oddities of Vbox networking.  As I've mentioned I do use both NAT and Bridged interfaces in my VBox VMs.  And, they just work.....  But the odd thing is that on my host system I don't see any vboxnet0 or any other interface which may be connected with Virtual Box.

If I run a VM with a NAT interface, it gets an IP address of 10.x.x.x and works fine and as it should.  Meaning the VM can surf and connect as you'd expect....but another system can't find or connect to it.

This may not be germane to what you're experiencing.....  But if one makes a settings change to a running VM that change may not be permanent.  I've found it best to always make changes to a VM's settings when it is stopped.