Password Needed

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Mon Oct 20 15:59:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 09:51:43AM -0600, Bill Kuns wrote:
> I inherited a computer running Windows 8.  When I power up the machine,
> it asks for a password.  I don't have that password.  What can I do
> to use the machine?

Not really Fedora, but hey, we're here to help.  Go to:

  http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

Download the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor .ISO, burn to a CD/DVD.

Try booting from that CD/DVD.  If it doesn't, go into the BIOS and change
the boot order.  If they're using secure boot, you'll have to turn that
off.  If the BIOS is passworded, you'll have to look up on the 'Net how to
clear the password.

G'luck,
--
	Dave Ihnat