A Linux for the totally maintenance free

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Thu Oct 23 17:35:58 UTC 2014

On 10/23/2014 11:55 AM, Steven Rosenberg wrote:
> There are i586 Skype packages for CentOS 7 in the Nux repo:
> http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el7/x86_64/skype-4.2.0.13-1.R.i586.rpm
> andhttp://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el7/x86_64/skype-4.3.0.37-2.R.i586.rpm

They provide the 32-bit libraries that Skype requires. This will only help Skype
run. You will have trouble getting other proprietary apps to run so do not use
this as a "well, 32-bit apps will work" excuse.

> I'm assuming there are 32-bit libraries for RHEL/CentOS, just like in Fedora.

There is no 32-bit environment. This is a feature of RHEL 7.

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/509373

Do you need additional proof?