PATH

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Oct 24 08:52:09 UTC 2014

On 10/24/2014 10:33 AM, Roger wrote:
> My $PATH has a trailing slash in the last directory path, is there any
> way to remove it?
> AS example: echo $PATH
> /opt/OpenPrinting-Gutenprint/sbin:/opt/OpenPrinting-Gutenprint/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/I've
> been googling with no luck.
> thanks in advance

Well, you could remove it, but this would be playing with symptoms.

Instead you should try to investigate the cause. Candidates to look into
would be your account's ~/.profile and ~/.bashrc, and the scripts below
/etc/profile.d, should you have customized these.

You should also examine everything below /opt/OpenPrinting-Gutenprint
and /usr/local/ as these files are out of rpm's control and therefore
would seem likely to me to be the origin of this.

Ralf