A Linux for the totally maintenance free

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 09:02:40 UTC 2014

On 23 October 2014 22:40, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
> On 10/23/2014 12:40 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
>>
>> but there are (some) 686 libs for those common 32-bit apps that need 'em.
>> Look at "yum list available | less" then search for "[356]86".
>

> There is a barebones set of 32-bit binary libraries. No development
> packages. Calling this an environment is dubious. Installing RHEL and
> expecting any 32-bit app to run will leave you disappointed.

Can someone point me to where the set of libraries is listed or
described to be 'barebones', otherwise it sounds like the same
situation for running a 64 bit RHEL 6 or Fedora and using 32bit apps,
which I already do in quite a lot of cases. (This is not rhetorical
sarcasm, I really would like to know for exactly that reason.)

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk