Making rc.local work on F20.

Derrik Walker v2.0 dwalker at doomd.net
Sun Oct 26 03:27:24 UTC 2014

On 10/25/2014 10:24 PM, Kevin Cummings wrote:
> On 10/25/2014 09:25 PM, Derrik Walker v2.0 wrote:
>> First thing I did was:
>>
>> # cd/etc
>> # echo '$!/bin/bash' > /rc.d/rc.local
> Warning, you should echo a line beginning with #!, not $!
>
> Second, you should echo it to rc.d/rc.local (note the missing / at the
> beginning of the path), otherwise you might be able to find it.
>
> Also, don't do this is you already have data in /etc/rc.d/rc.local as
> that line will replace the contents of the file with the one line.
>
> The rest of Derrik's advice is spot on (any further typos not
> withstanding) as it matches the working rc.local file on my F19 server.

Kevin is of course correct.  Sorry about the typos.

I guess I probably should have also added that I did that with a new
install of the OS ( when I put my SSD in to be precise ), so
/etc/rc.d/rc.local didn't yet exist.

--
-- Derrik

Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
dwalker at doomd.net

"Those UNIX guys, they think weird!" -- John C. Dvorak