rpm editor for MasterPdfEditor

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue Oct 28 17:13:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 10:40:34 -0400 Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:

> On 10/28/2014 07:39 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a fedora rpm available/repo for MasterPdfEditor?
> >
> > http://code-industry.net/pdfeditor.php
> >
> > I would like to try this out, but thought that I would ask around for a rpm first before installing manually. Searching on DDG did not yield a definitive answer.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Ranjan
> >

> There are rpms for 32-bit and 64-bit systems. I don't think they're system specific.They're not even zipped. Just download the rpm you need and install it.
>
>  From a root prompt, "rpm -Uvh filename.rpm" without the quote marks, of course. For filename, you put the complete downloaded filename, including the
> dot-version number, if it comes with one.
>
> Post back if you install it, and tell us all how you like it,or if you had any trouble.

Thanks! I missed the rpm on that site earlier.

However, I do have an issue on F20:

sudo yum localinstall --nogpgcheck http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-2.1.00.x86_64.rpm

I get the following:

Transaction check error:
  file / from install of master-pdf-editor-2.1.00-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-19.fc20.x86_64

Error Summary

How does one get around this?

Thanks!
Ranjan

> --doug
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.