A Linux for the totally maintenance free

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Oct 28 17:58:50 UTC 2014

> I personally am looking very hard at xfce instead of gnome.

When I learned what Gnome 3 was going to be like, I started looking for
a different DE and ended up with Xfce.  One of the minor things I like
about it is that you can configure it so that a right-click anywhere on
the desktop brings up your main menu; no need to go to the corner of the
panel.  After a year working with Unity, my sister had me migrate her
from Ubuntu to Xubuntu.  If nothing else, try a LiveUSB with the Xfce
spin; you may be pleasantly surprised because it's much less of a
resource hog than either Gnome or KDE without being minimalist.