Is there a "real" 3d desktop for Fedora?

Bill Oliver vendor at billoblog.com
Tue Oct 28 22:22:51 UTC 2014

This talk about desktop in the no-maintenance thread got me thinking.  Some years ago when I was still using Windows, I played around with a 3D desktop that had a cute virtual environment with 3d-ish rooms, etc where you could stash applications.  Back in the day, it was called "3DNA."  I think the company who made it is dead and it's not supported, but it's still downloadable, apparently, for Windows:

http://3dna-desktop.en.softonic.com/

It had a few fun themes -- a villa on the coast, the inside of a submarine, etc.  When I was playing with these things there were a couple of other sorta-working attempts at this using game engines.

It was kind of toy-like, but I thought it was fun.

Is there anything like this for Fedora?  I'm not talking about the rotating cube stuff, but a working 3d environment...

billo