rc.local not start at the boot

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Oct 29 00:36:22 UTC 2014

On 10/28/2014 04:18 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Since /tmp/rc.local.log exists and contains
>
> + /home/angelo_dev/bin/syncronize-java_srcs.sh
>
> it is obvious that rc.local is being executed.
>
> If I were going to assume something I would assume the systemctl failure is related to the failure in the syncronize-java_srcs.sh script.

My guess is that one of the scripts being called failed, causing
rc.local to abort.  Maybe it would help to put a line like this just at
the end of each script called:

echo "$FOO.sh completed" >> /temp/rc.local.log

If something in the script fails, the script doesn't complete and the
line isn't written in the log.  Adding print statements to help
debugging is a very old technique, but it's helped me find out just
where things went wrong many times over the decades.