Where is a Camera Mount Point?

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 02:15:22 UTC 2014

On 28.10.2014 21:27, Stephen Morris wrote:
> On 10/28/2014 06:58 AM, poma wrote:

>>> I'll probably contact the author as well. It fine to only support
>>> processing after downloading, but it should still display the contents
>>> of the files so that you can decide what to download to process.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Steve
>>>
>> Great, never underestimate the social moment.
>>

>> poma
>>
> I've checked Rawtherapee and Darktable for their functionality.
> Rawtherapee appears to not support importing photos from any source that
> is not mounted, whereas Darktable will import photos from any detected
> device and displays the contents of the photos on the camera when
> prompting for which photos should be imported from the camera, which
> presumably means that Darktable is not using dcraw the access the
> camera, it is doing it itself.

http://www.darktable.org/2012/10/whats-involved-with-adding-support-for-new-cameras/
  RAW format support
  darktable uses two libraries to read RAW files. Most common RAW formats are read via the RawSpeed library (by Klaus Post), more esoteric RAW formats not supported by RawSpeed are read via LibRaw (which in turn is based on Dave Coffin's dcraw).

BTW did you check with the Rawstudio
http://rawstudio.org

Perhaps the only real issue with the Nikon D3100 is the lack of USB Mass Storage mode.