rc.local not start at the boot

Angelo Moreschini mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 11:08:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

I did some tests:

This is the content of the file /etc/rc.d/rc.local that I used:
------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
# this is the file /ctc/rc./rc.local

/etc/rc.d/dummy-test.sh
/etc/rc.d/syncronize-java_srcs.sh
------------------------------

I put inside it two script to be executed:

/etc/rc.d/dummy-test.sh                   (to make a simple copy of a file)
/etc/rc.d/syncronize-java_srcs.sh      (to make backups ..)

-----------------------------------
[angelo_dev at zorro rc.d]$ cat dummy-test.sh
#!/bin/bash
cp /home/angelo_dev/Documents/dconf-Editor.xcf /media/PRTZ-src_sync
---------------------------------

---------------------------------
[angelo_dev at zorro rc.d]$ cat syncronize-java_srcs.sh
#!/bin/bash
# this is the file /home/angelo_dev/bin/syncronize-java_srcs.sh

rsync -av --delete --include='*/' --include='*.java' --include='*.form'
--exclude='*' \
                            /home/programmers/java/PROJECTS_development/ \
                            /media/PRTZ-src_sync

the scripts are both in the same directory... ( the same directory than
rc.local)

NOW :
doing the reboot, only the first script is executed
NOT the second one

So I have the *copy* of the file (for test)
*but not the backup.*
how it can be interpreted that fact ?