OT: Recognizing USB audio device

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 1 19:42:23 UTC 2014

I have a USB audio device which is recognized correctly on my Fedora
system (Fedora-20 with all updates running KDE) but is not recognized by
another Linux system (a Samsung Chromebook).  Can anyone tell me how
Fedora recognizes the device, so I can figure out whether it would be
practical to tweak the Chromebook to get it to recognize the device.
The device shows up this way:

        $ lsusb
        Bus 005 Device 003: ID 08bb:2702 Texas Instruments Speakers

and appears in my alsa configuration as:

        $ aplay -l
        card 1: PCM2702 [Burr-Brown Japan PCM2702], device 0: USB Audio
        [USB Audio]
          Subdevices: 1/1
          Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Any info/hints/links/etc would be much appreciated.