request for DNF package

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 10:59:25 UTC 2014

On 3. 9. 2014 at 10:54:07, Balint Szigeti wrote:
> hello
>
> I don't know where I should send this email but I'd like to ask the DNF
> developer to the DNF application examine the proxy settings and if the
> user run the DNF command with debug option list the all steps instead of
> yum.
>
> I just had a case when I couldn't install RPMs by yum.
> I traced the network traffic, routing, firewall, debug yum, check
> network settings but didn't find the problem.
> After several hours finally I found the problem. Someone configured
> proxy settings which was loaded for all user even though yum should have
> used their own proxy setting but it didn't do.
>
> So I'd like to ask the DNF developer, DNF on the latest debug level tell
> everything what it does like, reading this config file, reading env
> variable, setting these variable, using these proxy, configs,
> restrictions etc....
>
> If someone know how I can reach them please answer to me.

Hello,
your best option is to file RFE in Bugzilla [1], the dnf development team is
quite active there. They usually do the bug triage in a matter of hours
(mostly days) and they let you know what their call is.

Note: before you file the RFE, I suggest you search through the bug list, I
have seen some proxy related RFEs there already.

Thanks
Jan

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora