Google Account in GNOME

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 19:41:41 UTC 2014

On 09/03/2014 03:17 PM, Martin Garton wrote:
> On 30/08/14 09:35, Dave Cross wrote:
>> A few weeks ago, I changed my Google account password. Ever since
>> then, GNOME keeps prompting me for my Google account password - but it
>> won't accept either the new password or the old one. I just have to
>> cancel the dialog box.
> I don't know about how to solve this, but I'm seeing the same problem
> and it started around the same time it seems.  Did you get anywhere with
> this?
>
> FWIW I haven't changed my password for a long time.  The dialog box just
> started appearing and doesn't accept the password.
>
> I'm going to try to investigate later.

I had a similar problem with gmail, I found I had to decrease the
security settings, there is now a 2-step more secure login/password
setup for gmail..

I think this might help:
http://email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/How-To-Secure-Your-Gmail-Account-With-A-Password-And-Your-Phone.htm

      Verification

To turn off enhanced two-step verification for your Gmail account:

  * Go to the Google /2-step verification
    <https://accounts.google.com/b/0/SmsAuthConfig?hl=en&service=mail>/ page.
  * If prompted, enter your Gmail password under /Password:/ and
    click /Sign in/.
  * Click /Turn off 2-step verification…/.
  * Now click /OK/.

--
Paul Cartwright