Sort of OT

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 4 01:34:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 09:56 +1000, Roger wrote:
>      DocumentRoot /var/www/html/mydirectory

> I do not wish to change <DirectoryRoot> in httpd.conf.

You don't have to, the virtual host sections define what the virtual
host does.

> Have the correct paths in <Directory "/a/b/c">
> But in a browser localhost/directory/index.html  always reports
> error:
> Not Found The requested URL /directory was not found on this server.

That should be http://localhost/index.html

Your DocumentRoot says where it starts from, your "mydirectory" and that
becomes the root of the path.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.15.10-201.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Wed Aug 27 21:33:30 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.