[Fedora] Re: KDE became a sort of sloth

Walter Cazzola cazzola at di.unimi.it
Thu Sep 4 09:03:31 UTC 2014

Hi Ed,
you are right here comes the info you suggested to provide.

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014, Ed Greshko wrote:

> Step 0 - Don't just tell the list there is a dependency issue for a
> downgrade.  Show the list what the issue is.

unfortunately I can't reproduce the dependency issue since I have done a
further update since then and now to undo that specific update just give
a "failed to downgrade" on all packages.

> Step 1 - Check your yum log and determine which packages were updated.

The update involved:
  · GraphicsMagick
  · GraphicsMagick-doc
  · dhclient
  · dhcp-common
  · dhcp-libs
  · glibc
  · glibc-common
  · glibc-devel
  · glibc-headers
  · gtk3
  · gtk3-immodule-xim
  · jakarta-commons-httpclient
  · kexec-tools
  · libnfsidmap
  · libtirpc
  · nspr
  · nss
  · nss-softokn
  · nss-softokn-freebl
  · nss-sysinit
  · nss-tools
  · nss-util
  · python-pillow
  · python3-pillow
  · satyr
  · selinux-policy
  · selinux-policy-targeted
  · subversion
  · subversion-libs
  · vim-X11
  · vim-common
  · vim-enhanced
  · vim-filesystem
  · vim-minimal

> Step 2 - Create a totally new user and login as the new user to see if
> that user exhibits the same issue.

I've tried to run KDE as root user without any problem. I never use KDE
as root so nothing was open and configurated so the issue is related to
something on my user but nothing has canged before and after the update
in my configuration.

Any hints?

Walter