VirtualBox -

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Sep 5 15:11:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 10:42:36AM -0400, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> On 09/05/14 10:32, Nathan Schwarz wrote:
> >A little bit more information about what exactly you try to do would
> >really help.
> >Are you trying to create a VM with fedora? What OS are you on right now?
> >What iso did you download? So many questions...
> >

> Gosh, I thought I covered all that, Virtual Box as derived via yum
> for Fedora-20 64bit, the computer described in the signature at the
> bottom.
>
> I've suffered wit this question for a while, usually give up and
> just burn a disk to install a VM but as I said I would rather work
> with the .iso I already have on my hd.

So, lessee here...

you want to install some Linux into a VM on VirtualBox?? without having
to "waste" a blank CD/DVD?

easy to do...

in VB, once you've created the VM but before you do the install, select
the VM into which you wish to install, click "Settings", click "Storage",
under the "Storage tree" select whatever is shown as the contents of the
"ide" controller (in my case it's "empty"), then under "Attributes",
click the little CD icon and browse to the ISO you want to install by
clicking "choose a virtual CD/DVD disk file". Then click the OK button,
and fire up your VM and do the installation. Bob's your uncle! :)

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.