VirtualBox -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Sep 5 16:06:37 UTC 2014

On 09/05/14 11:52, Kevin Martin wrote:
> How did you install VirtualBox (via kmod/akmod or from virtualbox.org)?  Have you recently updated your kernel?  If you've done the
> latter then you'll need to either reboot and let akmod rebuild a VirtualBox kmod or you'll need to reinstall the VirtualBox app that
> you downloaded from virtualbox.org to get the vboxdrv rebuilt and loaded.
>
> Kevin
Dunno how but I am certain it was via yum, but from where? I guess what
I need to do is find the kmod/akmod version and install that. I'm sure
the kernel has been updated several times since VBox was installed. And
I know from experience that without the auto update feature I will have
problems.

I wasted my money on a copy of VMware that became useless after most
kernel updates, finally gave up trying to deal with that.

Tnx,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD box10 Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE