VirtualBox -

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Fri Sep 5 22:39:37 UTC 2014

On Sep 5, 2014 10:07 AM, "Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" <
bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:

> On 09/05/14 11:52, Kevin Martin wrote:
>>
>> How did you install VirtualBox (via kmod/akmod or from virtualbox.org)?
Have you recently updated your kernel?  If you've done the
>> latter then you'll need to either reboot and let akmod rebuild a
VirtualBox kmod or you'll need to reinstall the VirtualBox app that
>> you downloaded from virtualbox.org to get the vboxdrv rebuilt and loaded.
>>
>> Kevin
>
> Dunno how but I am certain it was via yum, but from where? I guess what I
need to do is find the kmod/akmod version and install that. I'm sure the
kernel has been updated several times since VBox was installed. And I know
from experience that without the auto update feature I will have problems.

> I wasted my money on a copy of VMware that became useless after most
kernel updates, finally gave up trying to deal with that.

> Tnx,
>

> Bob
>
> --

This sounds like you're just looking for *some* way to run a VM.  Forgive
me if you've been asked before, but why not use the solution built in to
Fedora? QEMU/KVM do a great job and using virt-manager  or GNOME Boxes is
easy.

I can point you to some documentation or help in a dedicated thread if you
are interested.

--Pete