what is the latest kernel in FC20?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Sep 7 22:02:36 UTC 2014

On Sep 7, 2014, at 5:38 AM, "Pál, László" <vlad at vlad.hu> wrote:

> Any thoughts? Is this. 201 kernel already in updates repo? If yes, why my yum refuses to upgrade?

Seems like yum gets confused sometimes. I usually just go with the big hammer approach and do a 'yum clean all', although if you had some better idea of what the cause is you could do 'yum clean expire-cache' or 'yum clean metadata'. It sounds like it's stuck on a particular mirror that's just slow picking up the updates, and I forget which yum clean makes it refresh the mirror list.

And if you need something newer than what's in updates-testing, you can get those from koji. While the f21/f22 packages will install just fine on f20, the packaging is different for f21 now so you'll need kernel, kernel-core, and kernel-modules. Then 'yum install *rpm' from the directory the rpms are in.

Chris Murphy