Some newbie questions

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 01:55:14 UTC 2014

From:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/20/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Welcome_to_Fedora_.html

Low memory installations

Fedora 20 can be installed and used on systems with limited resources for
some applications. Text, vnc, or kickstart installations are advised over
graphical installation for systems with very low memory. Larger package
sets require more memory during installation, so users with less than 768MB
of system memory may have better results preforming a minimal install and
adding to it afterward.
For best results on systems with less than 1GB of memory, use the DVD
installation image.