One of my systems stalls at start-up

Pál, László vlad at vlad.hu
Mon Sep 8 07:48:07 UTC 2014

I have a similar issue when I'm connected wireless to a network where I
have to login using a webpage (hotspot network)

I have messages like this

 Sep 08 08:55:54 tohuvabohu.balabit systemd-logind[3053]: Failed to enable
subscription: Activation of org.freedesktop.systemd1 timed out
Sep 08 08:55:54 tohuvabohu.balabit systemd-logind[3053]: New seat seat0.
Sep 08 08:56:19 tohuvabohu.balabit systemd-logind[3053]: Failed to issue
method call: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked
the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

The only solution is to use the killswitch to disable network and then I
can log-in and I'm able to re-enable networking.... I've started to hate
systemd too :))

L: