One of my systems stalls at start-up

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Sep 9 00:13:01 UTC 2014

On 09/08/2014 05:00 PM, Ed Greshko issued this missive:
> On 09/09/14 07:55, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 09/08/2014 04:39 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> systemctl start network.service
>>
>> You might want to try this first:
>>
>> systemctl status network.service
>>
>> This will not only verify that it's down, it will tell you why it failed.
>
> No.....  Remember I said to start in "single user mode" so it is *expected* that it will start in the DOWN status.
>
> I just wanted to verify that the link is shown as existing.

If the link is down, the boot probably hasn't stalled, but assuming
things like sendmail and such are configured, it can take a LONG time to
come up because DNS resolution will have time out before things will
continue.
- Politicians are the opposite of pickpockets because you never see  -
-        them take their hand out of your pocket.                    -
-                                             -- Larry Fine          -