One of my systems stalls at start-up

antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 22:24:33 UTC 2014

Ed Greshko ha scrito il 11/09/2014 alle 00:17:
> On 09/11/14 05:33, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> installed kdm and the graphical display manager switch tool: let us see if same problem will be present in kdm (not sure but in abovementioned bug a reported stated that he had no improvement withi lightdm)
>
> It would seem the person speaking of lightdm didn't take the needed steps to actually use it as he mentions the error messages from gdm are still present....which they won't be if actually running kdm.
>
> FWIW, it is not necessary to install or use the "graphical display manager switch tool".
>
> All you need to do is run ....
>
> sudo systemctl -f enable kdm.service
>
> and then, of course, reboot.
>
> The -f will result in gdm.service being disabled and kdm.service being enabled.

I knew the systemctl way of switching, but I am lazy (and love the
graphical tool): I hope that maintainer will report some improvement in
a fairly short time, in the meantime I will see if kdm has no issues..
Tnx again for help (I learnt a lot from you guys)

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F20 (Heisenbug)