Where to get dropbox-servicemenu

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Sep 13 09:25:33 UTC 2014

On 09/13/14 17:10, Mickey wrote:

> On 09/13/2014 04:58 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:

>>> I guess I should have ask the question:   Where can I get Dropbox for KDE/Dolphin, I don't want Nautilus-Dropbox.
>> Watch this instructional video.  Works fine for Fedora even though it is a Ubuntu install....
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKQ7Z9x6CbQ
>>

> I sorry Ed but I just don't understand what their doing in that video, it would have been nice with some audio.

Ahhh, ok....

You already have dropbox installed, correct?

Then follow these steps....

1.  Ensure sqlite is installed.  I have a need for both 32 and 64 bit versions so....
[egreshko at meimei ~]$ rpm -q sqlite
sqlite-3.8.6-2.fc20.x86_64
sqlite-3.8.6-2.fc20.i686

2.  Bring up dolphin and go to Settings--->Configure Dolphin

3.  Go to Services and then click on "Download New Services"

4.  Type dropbox in the Search window

5.  Find "Dropbox Service Menu" and click install.

6.  In a terminal session go to ~/.kde/share/apps/servicemenu-download

7.  Type "tar -xf 124416-DropboxServiceMenu-0.16.1.tar.gz"

8.  cd DropboxServiceMenu-0.16.1
     sh install-it.sh

you're done.