is it the future?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Sun Sep 14 12:22:05 UTC 2014

Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:

>>> It is not slow if you have little journal content, as you would in
>>> cases where you prefer plain-text logs and set journald to not keep a
>>> persistent log.

> I might add that according to the documentation, you can avoid the
> persistent journal by removing /var/log/journal/ directory or by
> specifying Storage=volatile or Storage=none in
> /etc/systemd/journald.conf

As a matter of interest, I changed Storage to volatile
and re-booted my laptop,
but this did not seem to have any effect -
journalctl still gives over 500,000 lines (I stopped there)
and goes back 3 months.
The first line of journalctl says it will be limited to 100MB.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net