Issue with kde startup?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Sep 15 04:53:15 UTC 2014

KDE login selection was failing during a demonstration to my class on
Saturday. Was finally able to figure the issue was errors involving libproj.so.0
not being found? I had even tried reinstalling the kde, but still it failed.

Did a search, and the libproj.so.0 was on the system, but it was in a google
earth library, and not in the regular library. Then did a whatprovides, and
found that libproj.so.0 is provided by proj as well as google earth, but it puts it
in the lib64 directory. Installed the proj and now the kde works when select as
the session. Before the Gnome and XFCE where working. Not sure why the
reinstallation of kde didn't fix this issue?

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     19692525.737165   |   SETI        33252228.007552
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    32831518.360900