Doing "Secure Documents" in Fedora

Bill Oliver vendor at billoblog.com
Mon Sep 15 17:10:22 UTC 2014

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014, Mickey wrote:

> On 09/13/2014 01:39 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
>>  On 09/13/2014 11:56 AM, Mickey wrote:
>> >  Fedora 20/KDE
>> >
>> >  How do you use Secure Documents in Fedora ?
>> >
>> >  Secure Documents like someone that wants to send you MONEY
>>  is that some sort of brand name or product (because you capitalized it)
>>  or are you talking about transferring securely encrypted files?
>>
> Well guys I got to my sister's house to look at that Secure Document that was
> sent to her, It was from her IRA company
> and it was a Microsoft Secure Document and she can't open it because she uses
> Fedora 20.
>
> Any ideals on how to open it.

Doesn't look good:

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55512

https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/About_Converting_Microsoft_Office_Documents

I keep an old copy of XP on virtualbox just for this kind of thing.  Happily, I'm at a university, so I can buy Office for something like fifteen bucks.  I end up using it about three times a year...

billo