Problem with smplayer

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 17 10:48:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-16 at 21:49 -0600, jd1008 wrote:
> it is horribly verbose. To wit:
> #EXTM3U
> # Playlist created by SMPlayer 14.3.0
> #EXTINF:414.56,03_Nechein Man.webm
> 03_Nechein Man.webm
> #EXTINF:200.04,07. Faun - Wenn wir uns wiedersehen-NPaDt85Sf_0.mp4
> 07. Faun - Wenn wir uns wiedersehen-NPaDt85Sf_0.mp4
> #EXTINF:300.05,10. Faun - Andro II-nrTt0daF1Ak.mp4
> 10. Faun - Andro II-nrTt0daF1Ak.mp4
>
> I find it ridiculous that smplayer should refuse to play playlists
> that mplayer has no problems playing.

Different parsers being used, so that the playlist is handled
externally, before mplayer gets it, itself?

You can simplify the playlist, quite a bit.  You don't need the info,
just the file lists.

m3u files can simply be "file:///" prefixed filepaths, such as:

  file:///home/tim/music/one.ogg
  file:///home/tim/music/two.ogg

And pls files can be simplified to:

  [playlist]
  NumberOfEntries=99
  File41=/home/tim/music/one.ogg
  File42=/home/tim/music/two.ogg

And, it doesn't seem to care that the number of entries is wrong, and
the file numbers didn't start with "File01=".

I dare say that if you use the playlist editor, it might insert the
details that you add into the metadata in the playlist.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.16.2-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Sep 8 12:17:59 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.