64bit skype client needed

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Wed Sep 17 19:01:14 UTC 2014

On 09/17/2014 11:46 AM, jd1008 issued this missive:
> I have been trying to locate a fully 64bit skype client to no avail;
> a client that will not require 32 bit dependencies.
>
> Any info on that?
>
> MS is not supporting linux x86_64  and who can blame them?
> They do not like Linux. They might even wish it would disappear.

There is no 64-bit Skype client. Skype always has been closed source and
now that it's owned by M$, I would rather doubt you'll ever see one.
Given M$'s attitude, we're lucky there's a 32-bit client!

As you said, M$ would like Linux (and Apple) to go away. They've tried
mightily to kill them off in the past by baseless litigation, FUD and
(IMHO) some other rather unscrupulous business practices.