Problem with smplayer

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 18 04:10:19 UTC 2014

Tim:
>> You can simplify the playlist, quite a bit.  You don't need the info,
>> just the file lists.
>>
>> m3u files can simply be "file:///" prefixed filepaths, such as:
>>
>>    file:///home/tim/music/one.ogg
>>    file:///home/tim/music/two.ogg
>>
>> And pls files can be simplified to:
>>
>>    [playlist]
>>    NumberOfEntries=99
>>    File41=/home/tim/music/one.ogg
>>    File42=/home/tim/music/two.ogg
>>
>> And, it doesn't seem to care that the number of entries is wrong, and
>> the file numbers didn't start with "File01=".
>>
>> I dare say that if you use the playlist editor, it might insert the
>> details that you add into the metadata in the playlist.

jd1008:
> I tried the url style of file:/<FPN>
> in the .m3u file; of course FPN starts with /.
> It did not work  for smplayer, works for mplayer.
> Pls. Let me know if it works for you.

Both of my samples work for me (with smplayer), exactly as I showed in
the indented examples.  They play through the list of music files in the
file.  However, the M3U list just shows a list of file paths in the
playlist, while the PLS list shows the song titles in the playlist.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.16.2-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Sep 8 12:17:59 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.