Recovering files from ext2/3

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 17:37:12 UTC 2014

Is there any other tool that can extract files from a partition that
seems to have corrupted superblocks?
I tried dumpe2fs, and fsck -b <blockNumber>
to no avail. Tried all available block numbers that are listed
when original mkfs was done, and it's output was saved.

None of the blocks seem to work - all of them have invalid magic.

When I run strings on the partition, I see many
readily recognizable strings of files that I stored there.

I understand that possibly the fs might be irretrievably corrupted,
but wanted a last ditch input from other fs gurus.