Problem with smplayer

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 19 03:32:23 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-09-18 at 10:38 -0600, jd1008 wrote:
> I don't know why it wont work for me.

Try working backwards, then.  Open the smplayer playlist, add a few
songs to it, save the playlist.  Open the saved playlist, check it
plays.  Edit and simplify the playlist to the way you can make your
script generate your playlists for you, and try loading it into
smplayer.

I found mine worked if I loaded it as a playlist, or just used the open
file function on the main player window.  But if I tried to use the add
file button in the playlist editor window, that didn't work.

If I right-click on a playlist, I have "enqueue in smplayer" or just
"smplayer" open-with options.  The enqueue will put the playlist into
the playlist as a single entry, with no way to step between items in the
playlist, only between different playlists (you have a playlist of
playlists).  Likewise if I drag a playlist file onto the playlist
editor.  If I use the right-click open-with smplayer, it loads up all
the music files into the playlist editor.

And if I drag a playlist file onto the mplayer window, the playlist's
files appear in the playlist editor.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.16.2-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Sep 8 12:17:59 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.