No updates for a few days?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 18:33:00 UTC 2014

Hi

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Steven Rosenberg wrote:

> There are a mess of updates waiting for me today in Fedora 20, so it
> was just a case of a couple quiet days before now.

It is likely the folks who have to manually sign the updates got busy and
packages will end up sitting in a queue waiting for that approval or some
glitch in that process causes some delays.   It doesn't happen that often
but it isn't unheard of either.

Fedora 21 at this point is very unlikely to cause any delays in updates for
the latest current release.  For most package maintainers, it is merely
another branch and not something they are actively focused on, to the
exclusion of other releases.  When Fedora 21 gets stable however, there
will be a drop off on the number of updates to Fedora 20 partially as a
result of the update policy and also because package maintainers themselves
would upgrade to the latest release.  You can see such trends for prior
releases

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/metrics/?release=F20&_csrf_token=2964cd85645b8bcb1dc6feaad8803cae55aee7c9

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/metrics/?release=F19&_csrf_token=2964cd85645b8bcb1dc6feaad8803cae55aee7c9

Rahul