Can not reach some web sites

A.J. Bonnema gbonnema at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 20 11:34:01 UTC 2014

On 09/19/2014 07:10 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 09/19/2014 04:13 AM, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
>>
>> I have been experiencing a problem with reaching some websites. Example:
>> I can not reach http://en.wikipedia.org.
>
> Have you tried pinging it from your fedora box?  It responds here.  If
> it doesn't resolve correctly, that might be the problem.  And, the box
> I reached was at 208.80.154.224, so you can try pinging by IP.
Hi Joe,

I solved the issues by disabling ipv6 completely. Apparantly (see one of
the earlier emails) the IP address depends on the continent you are on.

Also, while browsing some Fedora specific bugs. I found at least one
issue that is in the process of being resolved and could have caused the
problem. It had to do with an error in DHCP6 handling.  So I guess in
time the problem will go away, as soon as the ipv6 stack matures a bit
and all is integrated into my distro.

For the moment I am happy to disable IPV6 until the problem goes away.

Kind regards, Guus.