Issue with new Kernel 3.16.2??

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 17:19:02 UTC 2014

On 09/21/2014 08:30 AM, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> On Friday, September 19, 2014 03:57:31 PM jd1008 wrote:
>> When the problem happens, can you try to do
>> Ctrl-Alt-F2
>> and see if it will give you a tty console, and try to debug the problem
>> from there?
> It doesn't. For all intents and purposes your system froze and you have to do
> a hard boot losing all your unsaved data at an unfortunate time.
I see - This could be a problem with some specific device driver
that is causing the hang. Have you tried to install 3.16.3?
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/updates/testing/20/i386/kernel-3.16.3-200.fc20.i686.html
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/updates/testing/20/x86_64/kernel-3.16.3-200.fc20.x86_64.html

just to see if that will solve the problem.

PS: Download the kernel for your arch and then run
       yum localinstall <pathtokernelrpm>
It 'might' require packages that are not on fc20 repos,
and thus you may need to add  --enablerepo rawhide  to the yum command.

P.S: I tried to find the koji repo rpm, and got far too many hits, and
of the 40
I looked at, none provided a link to it . Those kernels I listed above
are on the
koji build web site.