is it the future?

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Tue Sep 23 03:49:44 UTC 2014

/snip/

>>> Yes, you have. If you don't like the direction systemd is taking then
>>> please install one of the BSD's and stop the discussion on this user
>>> list. Thanks.

/snip/

For those thinking of going to a BSD: You have probably read that there is
some sort of patch that lets you run Linux programs on BSD. Well think again,
then. If the Linux programs are no-longer stand-alone, as they have always been,
but now require sytemd to function, then they are _not_ going to work on
your favorite BSD! I wish it were oterwise, but there you are!

--doug