Smart Media Player Network Access in Fedora 20

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Sep 23 12:28:04 UTC 2014

> On Mon, 2014-09-22 at 17:44 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:

>> I agree they're supposed to watch, but
>> minidlnad won't unless you enable inotify and event then only on
>> filesystems that support inotify.

> I don't recall having to enable inotify (i.e. I think it was the
> default), but I may be mistaken.
Well, I do. I recall having to do so on my minidlna server.

I don't recall all details, but I had to enable inotify in minidlna.conf
and to increase
fs.inotify.max_user_watches in /etc/sysctl.conf

IIRC, without setting both, minidlna bombed out with some error due to
the number of files it had to serve.

Ralf